єМалятко / eMalyatko
- state registration of birth,
- determination of the child’s origin,
- assignment of support for a newborn,
- registration in the State Register of Individual Taxpayers,
- assignment of a unique record number (URN) to a child in the Unified State Demographic Register,
- determination of a child’s citizenship of Ukraine,
- registration of a child’s place of residence,
- support assignment for large families,
- publication of information about a child in the Register of Patients,
- registration of certificates of parents and children for large families (in progress).
Parents do not have to go anywhere, make photocopies and wait in line. Now they can register the baby and get other services in a few minutes online, filling out only one application!
The approximate time of filling out the application at eMalyatko is 20-30 minutes, birth registration takes place within 1 working day.
eMalyatko helps to save time and avoid risking the health of the family during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have developed our own platform working on BPMN. Based on it, we have created the portal “Diia”, which can be used as a “marketplace” of public online services, each of which is a separate application.
This technology requires minimal involvement of programmers to launch new services on the platform. The logic of services is described and configured by business analysts and configurators. This allows us to launch new electronic services quickly and simultaneously.
For eMalyatko, we used the same technology and interacted with several external state registries, including:
- the Civil Registry Office,
- the Migration Service,
- the Tax Service,
- the Ministry of Social Policy,
- the Territorial Community Register,
- and the Patient Register.
The creation of a web service is not just about transferring paper docs online. This process involves a detailed analysis and complete rethinking of existing processes, building new, most efficient, and simple ones.
We have analyzed registration processes of services related to the birth of a child and designed 1 process – 1 application that unites them. All you need to do is to enter information about mothers, fathers, and children in online applications, and just check all necessary services.
We have established the interaction of the service with several state registers so that parents do not have to enter the data that is already present in the state system. The data is automatically synchronized in respective systems.
Parents can apply for eMalyatko on their own at any convenient time. For some cases, the option of registering with the help of the administrator is available. For example, in the case of surrogacy or if the couple is married but the father is another individual, including all situations, when it is necessary to check additional documents.
The application for the eMalyatko service has a convenient UX design, step-by-step tips and is written in comprehensive language. This creates a pleasant user experience and helps to change the perception of public services as something complex and incomprehensible, transforming it into a friendly service.
How it works
- To apply, parents must register with “Diia” and obtain electronic signatures(ES). If the child’s parents are married and have a common surname, the ES of one of the parents, the applicant, is enough.
- At the maternity hospital, information about the birth of a child is entered into the electronic register of eHealth patients and parents get an electronic medical certificate containing information about the baby, confirming the birth.
- Based on the medical report, one of the parents can register the child with eMalyatko. The application form for both parents and administrators is similar. Parents can reduce the quantity of manual work. Information about one of the parents is taken automatically from the Diia profile, the other parent should fill in the data manually.
- Parents еnter the medical certificate number. After that, Diia sends the request to eHealth and the application gets information about the child: gender, date, and place of birth. Parents only need to provide a first name, choose the last name if it is different. The middle name will be automatically assigned by the system. But due to different cultural features, it is possible to edit or delete it at all.
- Parents choose other available eMalyatko services, just checking the box.
- A generated application should be signed by the parents’ ES. For this, the application is sent by email.
Interaction with registers
eMalyatko combines services provided by various government agencies and each of them needs data in its own format.
We have combined different external registries, and this was the most difficult challenge because each has its own characteristics and low-quality information.
After creating the application, eMalyatko launches a new process automatically. User-friendly data is converted through the Trembita electronic resource interaction service into a format for correct transmission, a structure acceptable for storage in registers.
These formats differ from each other, and this process of data conversion is exactly what makes a complex service convenient and easy to use.
“Trembita” does not accept all messages. This is a security mechanism that requires proper authorization from the client system, in this case, the Diia portal, using the ES of users. It is dangerous to store such an ES as a file on the server. In addition, working with files has its performance limitations, while hundreds of applications can be registered by the portal every second. To address these issues, “Gryada” component hardware signature technology is used. This server device performs many cryptographic operations simultaneously, securely stores keys, avoids blocking, and remains available.
A few seconds after the conversion and ES performance, these statements go through Trembita to the SCRVR (State Civil Registry of Vital Records) server. If everything is ok, Diia gives the answer that the data was successfully received, and the system puts the process in a standby mode for a status update by the SCRVR system.
When interacting with external resources, not everything goes smoothly: there may be routine work, problems with the communication channel, etc. In case of unsuccessful submission of the application, several attempts are made, and in case of further problems, the support service is notified.
Then the application is processed by an employee of the SCRVR. If everything is correct a birth certificate is created. If there are errors, Diia sends the user a message asking to submit a new application. Users can monitor the application status in the personal Diia account.
If parents have ordered the assignment of the URN and the taxpayer’s number, this data is automatically sent to the SCRVR web portal from the State Migration Service and the State Tax Service and is immediately mentioned in the certificate.
The SCRVR employee can now print the child’s birth certificate. Information about the document and parents will be sent to the institutions that register the place of residence, assign payments and enter data into the Register of Patients.
After a call or a letter of the certificate readiness, parents can pick it up at the application submittal department.
Implementation of the eMalyatko service was carried out by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine with the support of the Prime Minister of Ukraine, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Social Policy, the Ministry of Finance, the State Migration Service, the State Tax Service and with the support of international projects: EGAP program (Swiss Confederation and Eastern Europe Foundation), SURGe with the support of the Government of Canada, EGOV4UKRAINE project, which is part of the U-LEAD program with Europe.
- Client Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine
- Date 05.02.2021
- Tags Web Development
- URL View Project